Coverage that protects your biggest asset.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Best coverage for Flood insurance

Just because you don’t live in a high flood risk area, doesn’t mean it’ll never happen to you. We’ll provide the specialized coverage you need to help protect your home from rising waters—even if you’re not in a flood zone.

Our trusted partners

Partners with 50+ top rated insurance carriers

Jay Parker

CEO, Florida Brokerage, of Douglas Elliman

My experience with NSI was mind-blowing in terms of service, diligence and how they provide a higher level of care. They are constantly looking to provide me with added value, not to upsell me but to provide more comprehensive service at a lower price.


Jeff Grady

President & CEO, Florida Association of Insurance Agents

There’s more institutional knowledge at NSI than in most places in Florida. They have real knowledge about their craft…it’s often not just about the price of insurance, it’s about the right coverage and finding the right company.


coverage that protects your biggest asset

Building damages
Content damages
Personal & property contents


Your insurance simplified: Find all the tools needed to manage your account and policies anytime, anywhere.

  • Report Claim
  • Pay Insurance Bill
  • Manage your account anytime, anywhere
  • All contracts under one platform

About the insurance

Why do I need Flood Insurance?

Because your homeowners insurance does not cover your home or belongings in the event of a flood. If you are in a situation where your home suffers from flood damage, you will need flood insurance to pay for that damage.

Those who live in a high-risk zone will be required by their mortgage lender to obtain a flood insurance policy. If you are not in a high-risk flood zone,we still highly recommend that you get it. Here’s something to consider: People outside of high-risk areas file nearly 25% of National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) claims and receive one-third of disaster assistance for flooding.

What is the difference between required coverage and optional?

Required coverage typically occurs when you have a loan for your home and the mortgage company requires the insurance because you’re in a mapped high-risk flood zone.

Optional coverage is for those not in a high-risk area.

Will my landlord tell me if I am in a flood zone?

Not necessarily. It is best to check with your town or look your address up on the FEMA flood map.

What Can I get flood insurance for my business?

Yes, you can buy coverage for your property and the structure, or just the structure. It is best to purchase coverage for both to better protect your business, your business property, and your inventory.

What if I need flood insurance effective immediately?

There are some exceptions to the typical 30 day waiting period. Contact us so we can take you through it.

About us

At NSI, you are always the priority. We pride ourselves in offering a comprehensive suite of insurance solutions, working closely to each of our clients and guiding them through to make important and informed decisions that will protect their everyday lives.